What is the plan of salvation?
- Hear the truth of God’s Word. Jesus teaches the importance of hearing: John 5:24-25.
- Believe in God, and that Jesus Christ is HIS only begotten son: John 3:16-18, Acts 16:31, Romans 10:17, Hebrews 11:6
- Repent of your sins: Luke 13:3-5, Acts 2:38, 3:19, 17:30, II Peter 3:9
- Confess before man that “Jesus is Lord”: Romans 10:9-10, I John. 4:15
- Be Baptized for the forgiveness of your sins: Acts 2:38, 22:16, Mark. 16:15-16, 1 Peter 3:20-21.
- Then add to your faith all of the qualities mentioned in: 1 Peter 1:5-11.
WHAT IS THE CHURCH OF CHRIST?
Riverside Church of Christ
We are Christians attempting to go back to the simplicity and purity of the first century church. We take the Bible alone, and preach the same message, in the same way that the apostles did in the book of Acts. With the Bible as our guide, and with no human creed to stumble on, we enthusiastically seek to find and imitate what the original church was like.
Since the church belongs to Christ, you will find no modern-day organizational bureaucracy, no earthly headquarters. The tie that binds all such congregations around the world together is the Bible. Each congregation, however, is governed by a group of Elders selected from among its members. These men meet specific qualifications given in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1. Their task is to care for the congregation’s spiritual needs and keep the focus on God’s Word.
Membership in the church is a result of following the Bible’s plan to become a Christian. It is not our place to establish any man-made requirements or ceremonies.
If you seek to obey Christ and receive the salvation offered by Jesus, we stand ready to assist you and our arms are open to receive you as a child of God.
…”Brothers, what shall we do?” Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off-for all whom the Lord our God will call.” Acts 2:37-39 (NIV)
If you have questions please email us your name, phone number, email and questions email@example.com.