“Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13) Jesus truly had great love for you and I! The cruel punishment he received and the taking on our sins was a powerful demonstration of His love for sinners like us. In this study, we will get a deeper insight as to who Jesus is and what the Gospel is.
I. Matthew 16:13-16
1. Who is Jesus? ________________________________________________
II. John 1:1-14
1. Jesus, the Word, was not only “with God,” He was also ______________
2. From verse 3, is Jesus the Creator of all things? _________
III. John 14:6
1. Jesus is the ___________ and the _____________ and the _____________
2. Can anyone come to God, the Father, without Jesus? __________
IV. Romans 1:16
1. What was Paul, the apostle, not ashamed of? _________________________
2. The gospel (which means ‘good news’) is the ___________________ of God.
3. The purpose for the gospel is to save those who _______________________ it.
V. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1. According to verses 3-4, what three events make up the Gospel (good news)?
2. Why did Jesus die? ___________________________________
VI. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
1. From this passage of Scripture, will Jesus come again? __________________
2. According to verse 8, who will Jesus punish when He comes? Those who do not
know God and those who do not obey the what? ______________________
3. Therefore, is the Gospel an urgent message? ____________
VII. Mark 16:15-16
1. Jesus tells His followers to preach the good news (or gospel) to all. According
to verse 16, how does one obey the gospel? He must ___________________
and be _________________________.
VIII. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
1. What compels those who believe and follow Jesus Christ? _________________
2. What is a true believer of Jesus convinced of? ___________________________
3. Why did Jesus die for us? __________________________________________
IX. 1 Peter 2:21-25
1. Why did Jesus suffer for you? _________________________________________
2. Why did He bear your sins? ___________________________________________
3. Why was it necessary for Jesus to do this for you? _________________________
“She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins. All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: ‘The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel’ –which means, “God with us.”… Matthew 1:21-23